Please read this page carefully BEFORE starting the application process.
You may wish to look at the Example Application Form (opens in a new tab/window), to familiarise yourself with the information that will be needed.
Bursary Application Process - 3 Steps
- Request an Application ID using the Application ID Request Form.
- Provide your name, e-mail address, and choose a password on the form.
- You will be e-mailed an Application ID to use with your e-mail/password to sign in to the Application Form. This will also confirm that your e-mail address is valid.
- Complete and submit the on-line Student Bursary Application Form.
- Upon electronic submission you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing the postal address to send your hard copy application to.
- You should submit the on-line application form several days before the closing date, to allow time for posting of the printed signed/dated copy. N.B.: post may be delayed/disrupted during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- When you submit the electronic version of the application form you will be provided with links to download a copy for printing, and to upload your SAAS Award letter. You can do this immediately upon submission, or sign in and do it any time after electronic submission.
- Download and print a copy of your application which should be signed/dated and posted to the Society, to be received by the closing date, along with a copy of your
- Course Offer letter
SAAS Award Letter
If you do not yet have your SAAS award when you submit your application, you can sign in and upload it at any time after submission. Please upload it as soon as possible to avoid delays in the selection process and payment of bursaries (if your application is successful). You can find a PDF version of your SAAS award letter in the My Account section of the SAAS web site.
As soon as we receive your hard copy application we will write to your referees (remember, at least one of your referees must be one of your school teachers), asking them to complete a short on-line reference form. This will be done within the first few days of June at the very latest. You are strongly advised to sign in and check your application status by the 2nd or 3rd week in June to see if we have received your references. If not, it is suggested that you contact your referees to ensure that they have received and responded to our reference requests. (Most of the delays in the process are caused by referees not responding to requests.)
On-line Application Form Instructions
The form should be self-explanatory, with instructions on the form where needed, but here are a few points to note:
- You can save your application as a draft at any time, sign out, and come back to it later.
- Red, amber, or green status messages will be displayed at the top of the form.
- Most form fields have tool tips to help you (hover your mouse pointer over a form field to see the pop-up tool tip). This will not work on touch screen devices, obviously.
- DO NOT use your browser's Back or Refresh/Reload buttons - you may lose data.
- For security reasons you are strongly advised to sign out when you have finished working - this will also remind you to save your work. You will be automatically signed out, without your data being saved, if you do not Save or Preview your application within a 30 minute period, so be sure to save your form regularly.
- The application form will work on smartphones or other small screen devices (best in "landscape" mode), but you are advised to use a laptop/desktop or larger tablet computer.
- Have a look at the Example Application Form (opens in a new tab/window), to familiarise yourself with the information that will be needed.
If You Do Not Receive an Expected e-Mail
If you do not receive an e-mail that you are expecting from the system, please check your spam/junk mail folder and wait for at least 4 hours. If you still have not received the e-mail please contact the Bursary Coordinator via the contact form on the Contact Us page.
Your application will be judged on a number of criteria including, but not limited to, your association with Perthshire, the care taken in completing the form, ability to follow the instructions, the quality of your personal statement, your justification for receiving a bursary and how it would be of benefit to you.